March 26, 2011


"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

God will never despise your broken and contrite spirit. If that is not the best news in the world....! God is eagerly awaiting you to come to Him with your brokenness, with your pain, with your 'hidden' sin, with your anger.. God wants it all. Think about the parts of your life that you have not fully surrendered to God. What are they? Why are you keeping them from your Savior? I struggle with this on a daily basis. I LOVE to take things into my own hands and do things my way. But what I have been convicted of lately is that, oh hey Emily? God knows it all. God knows that you're not fully giving your relationship up to Him. If I could just humble myself before the Lord and be honest with Him, how refreshing would that be. God already knows, we have not fooled Him! God already knows our hearts. To confess our sins and our hurts will be relieving... it is like SUCH a weight is lifted off of your shoulders. God is there to help and to guide. Go to Him with your brokenness and ask Him for faith. Ask Him for belief. I am constantly reminded of the saying, "Lord I believe, help my unbelief." Give it all up to Him. After all, He is the author and the perfecter of our faith. "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6


love you all,


2 comments:

  1. such beautiful words. I feel like I'm reading my daily devotional; so inspirational. I was just talking to one of my girl friends the other day about how we try so hard to fix everything on our own, and when we have completely ran out of options, we bring our broken selves to God. It's so sad that we do this, instead of going to God and asking for His help first.
    I hope you had a beautiful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Good luck :)

    This is a beautiful post you've written. I'm a big control freak and I do struggle with submitting certain areas to God, which is just silly. He handles everything so much better than I do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think! :)