March 24, 2011


"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17.

Yall, no lie..this verse has followed me everywhere this past week. I feel as if either someone mentions it, I flip to it in my Bible, we talk about it at school (I go to Seminary- how cool is it to be able to pray and read His Word in class?!), or I see it on a blog. It's time I give credit where credit is due, and write about this incredible truth! First off, it's in Zephaniah- a book I really had never read! If you know anything about this particular book in the Bible, it is definitely not the most joyful one. It's actually quite harsh! But there is such beauty and grace in this verse. God is so cool like that :)

The first sentence alone is absolutely incredible. Take the time right now wherever you are and meditate on the TRUTH that the Lord, the One who is YOUR God, is with you. He is with you right this very second. And the cool thing? He has never left you. In fact, He has stayed by your side through it all. He promises us that He will never leave us, even when we contemplate leaving Him (i.e. - when we do not trust in Him, when we do not allow Him to guide us... etc.) Even so, He takes DELIGHT in us! He has called us out us darkness and into His perfect light... He has reached down into that pit that we were in and put us on solid ground. Now here's the coolest thing: He calls us His very own. We have been adopted into His royal family and we are heirs with Jesus, His very own dearly beloved perfect sinless son. He delights in us... he is proud to be our Father. He quiets us with His love. Think about that for a minute. Have you ever had one of those horrible days where nothing seems to be going right? Do you remember praying through those trials and asking God to guide you and lead you through? Enter: His perfect peace. One of the most amazing things about our Lord is His peace that passes all understanding. God is the only being that has the ability to love us SO much that He would grant us grace through His peace that shows us His love through the stressful times. He loves us, yall. In fact, He loves you more than your daddy loves you, more than your husband loves you, more than your puppy dog loves you. God loves us no matter what. I don't know about you, but that really hits home for me. Because I know that my love that I have for people is not always infinite. I would find it so hard to love someone that has completely betrayed me and hurt me to the point of destruction. Yet what do we do to God on a daily basis? We have idols, we put things above Him and pile things on top of Him and eventually get to the point where we can forget He is even there. Scary, but the truth. BUT HE STILL LOVES US. Did you catch that? He STILL loves us. His love is a true love that is unconditional. It does not waver. He can still our hearts with His love! We serve such a mighty, awesome, incredibly superb God. I love verses like this... they give us a glimpse of Heaven... a glimpse of God and who He is and who He promises to always be. He will rejoice over you with singing, always. always. always. always. Remember that today- God is on your side and cheering you on- loving you completely, and taking GREAT delight in who you are and who He is refining you to be.


praying for yall! ,


1 comment:

  1. I pray for the peace of Christ in disappointment and in fulfillment.

    Because he is an objective God of truth, his peace is available.

    Blessings to you, Emily.

    Russ;)

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think! :)