March 10, 2011

"Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God." Is. 50:10

He guides us through it all. But does He really? That is the question my mind has been wrestling with lately. Does our God guide us through even the little decisions in life? Is He there to show His provision even when we have no idea where to go? The answer to those questions can be summed up in one little three-letter-word: Yes. It is said by Os Guinness that it is here that "faith simply has to suspend judgment on what God is doing." Faith does not always know why. I can have faith in something and not necessarily know why I do. I have faith in that this chair that I am sitting in will not collapse, but I do not know exactly why (we are talking physics here, yuck.) Faith does not always know why, but it trusts God who knows why. Faith is trusting in Him- because He knows why. We do not trust God because He guides us--> We trust God and then we are guided. That first step is so essential. We trust God (and then we are guided). It is only after the acknowledgment of trusting God that we are guided. But just get what this means: we can trust God even when we do not seem to be guided. Can I get an amen? That is exactly what I have needed this past month or so. I do not exactly feel as if I am being guided anywhere specific... I know that I am still in college and have a lot of credits to finish before I graduate, but I just feel as if I need to have it all in order now. I want to know when I will get married, when I will finish school, what type of job I will have after I graduate, where I will live.... the list is endless, people. Maybe I am just the world's biggest worry wort of something, but I seriously worry about these things on a daily basis! Key word: WORRY! Worrying is not of the Lord, it does no good for my walk with Him. Worrying is a lack of faith! And what is it that I said up a few lines? We can trust God and have faith in Him even when we do not seem to be guided. He ultimately knows the whole sha-bang. He is orchestrating everything just the way He has planned it... and mind you, He planned this all before I was even born. And He did the same thing for you! So why is it so hard to trust and have faith in His perfect will for my life? Because it's not right in front of me. And that is where my selfish, fleshy self kicks in. Guinness hits the nail on the head when he says, "what God is doing may be a mystery, but who God is, is not." God is no mystery! He reveals himself to us every single day and He draws our hearts and our minds closer and closer to him through the process of sanctification as believers. If you are familiar with the story of Job in the Old Testament, you know that Job was an extremely successful man that got everything (almost literally) taken away from him. He still kept his faith in God. Crazy, yet so amazing. What an example. Check out these verses:

"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there,
and backward, but I do not perceive him;
on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him;
he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
My foot has held fast to his steps;
I have kept his way and have not turned aside."
Job 23:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you think! :)