April 19, 2011

Guest Post: Megan!

Y'all, you are getting such a TREAT today! Megan, over from her wonderful two blogs is gracing us with her presence today! Read and be inspired, bloggers :)


Hello! First and foremost, I must thank Miss Emily for having me! Of course you all know how amazing she is already from this wonderful blog she rights!

For those of you who don’t know who I am, here’s the down low.

My name is Megan and I’m a newlywed. It really is a blast. My hubby is my best friend.

I have two blogs: godislovedevos.blogspot.com and allmylovemeg.blogspot.com. Visit me when you can J

I’m 22 and live down here in the Sunshine state, and I hate the cold. I’m currently going to the University of Central Florida, but I’m a Buckeye at heart. My family is the most important thing to me, and my friends are out of this world.

I’m a sinner saved by a gracious God who loves me (and you!) more than we’ll ever know. I believe that Jesus was sent to this earth to die for my sins so that I can have life eternally with Him. I’m blessed beyond measure and each day God gives me more. I mess up though, and I’m not even close to perfect. I love life so much and try to make everyday worth writing a book about.

I don’t have an incredibly sad story to tell, just one about a girl saved by grace. High school was terrible to me. Mostly because I messed up so much. I by definition lead a double life. Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays I was the church girl, a leader in fact. But the rest of the week I smoked, drank, and found solitude in anything but God, mostly boys. I drove my poor mom and dad crazy, but they never gave up on me. I have to be honest and tell you that it wasn’t till I was about 20 years old that the light bulb finally clicked in my head: being a Christian isn’t just about believing in God. It’s about having a relationship with Jesus. Once I found that simple truth, my life changed completely. My mentality went from me to Him. God saved me from myself. He has raised me up. I’m baffled at how awesome my life is right now, but I know that it’s all because of Him.

Here’s what’s been on my brain lately:

Anyone out there ever feel like they aren’t good enough? I’m not talking about in general, I’m talking the little things. Like your creativeness isn’t good enough, or maybe you feel like you’re not the best at your job. Maybe you don’t feel like always have it together, and we all have that one friend that just seems to all the time…and have everything going for them.

Am I making any sense?

Here’s my deal: I’m so blessed it’s unbelievable.

But there are still days I wake up and wonder “why not me”?

Why didn’t I get that opportunity? Why didn’t I get picked? Why didn’t my name show up on that list?

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “Plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

Oh.

That’s right…my plans aren’t my own, they’re His.

I have a terrible memory, so I forget things easily.

But this is something that I need to stop forgetting.

God has the plans for my life. He has the opportunities waiting for me. He has the plans to prosper me and let me change the world. But I have to be confident in Him to do so, and trust Him.

It starts with my attitude. I’ve got to quit thinking that that girl has more than me, or is luckier to have received that gift from God.

Because while I’m trying to compare things, I’m missing the gifts God is handing me.

“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.” Proverbs 3:5

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself…I try too often to take things in my own hands. As if I could do a better job than the Creator of the Universe.

Trust, I just have to trust in Him.

And be confident. Confident in the Lord.

I think the confidence we receive in the Lord can rub off into confidence in ourselves. Not the over bearing confidence, but the humble confidence that we can do any think because we have God with us. Paul said it too perfect : I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13). Beloved, we may be humans, and we won’t ever be perfect, but be confident in the fact that the Lord is with you!

Megan: be confident that the Lord is with you!

I believe in reminders.

And often times I need them a lot.

The thing is, I want my name to be big one day. I want to be a writer and maybe even a Christian speaker, I envision taking Beth Moore’s job one day (;])…but I’ve come to realize lately that I won’t achieve anything unless I’m doing everything for God and giving Him back all the glory.

The blog I write isn’t about me, in fact I created a second one to record my adventures as a wife, but the blog I love and pour my heart and soul into…that’s for Jesus. I know His Holy Spirit is with me when I write, but sometimes it’s fun to think if God could jump on a computer up there in Heaven…would He read my blog and be proud?

I really think He would.

That’s the confidence God wants us to have: confidence in Him.

I need to quit worrying about the little things that don’t happen for me, that might happen to a friend. My opportunity will come. And it will be wonderful.

Absolutely wonderful.

My plans are my own. They aren’t of a friend or someone I just met. They are my own plans that God drew out far before my parents even got married. God created magnificent opportunities for me to shine, and they are my own plans. Beloved, know that you have your own opportunities too.

God created you to do thinks for His name. to bring glory to His name.

And He has equipped you with the resources to do so.

As I write this I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders because I’m reminded that God is going to do big things with me. Huge things to bring glory to His Kingdom.

And I’m praying that all you reading this know that too.

But I’m praying even harder for those of you who might not know this beautiful truth.

Because that’s what this is: a beautiful truth, and God is full of them.

He is the way the life and the truth. John 14:6

Lets stop worrying about what others are doing, and focus in on all the things God has given us to do. Lets focus more on all the blessings He gives us daily. No yearly or monthly, but daily. Each morning when we wake up God has in place more blessings than we can count for the day.

Heavenly Father we come to you humbled, and ask your forgivness for not being content with what we have and always wanting more. God we know that you are our Provider and with out you we have nothing. Give us wisdom and strength God to face this world, and equip us with your love. Jesus we love you and praise you for all your blessings that you shower onto us each day and pray we use them as your will wishes. Amen.

Thanks again to Emily for having me! She’s is such a blessing! It was so great to meet you! Come visit me soon.




3 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post. thank you megan for the great reminder that God is in control. as girls, sometimes we struggle looking at the gains of others and not seeing what God has placed in our hands, but your reminder is a great one. it keeps me grounded knowing that God has a perfect plan for me.

    blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ i think you're great!
    thanks so much Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That’s right…my plans aren’t my own, they’re His." best quote ever.

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think! :)